Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By bugster_de
jonbill wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:44 am also - can you identify more precisely the RPM over which the advance angle was being doubled? speeduino switches how it calculates rpm above 1500 rpm.
from top of my mind, the ignition angle is good at idle (~900 rpm on this engine) and at fast idle (~1.050 rpm here). Meaning the ignition angle of 8° BTDC in the tune is also what I see on the engine. The ignition angle double value phenomena starts at little higher rpm but I'm not sure which speed it is. Looking at my spark table, I assume it is in the area of ~1.400 rpm
By bugster_de
*** HELP **** HELP *** HELP ***

now it starts to become weird (not to say ridicolous). :shock:

The ignition angle is now going backwards: all angles are after TDC not before TDC. So e.g. 10° in the tune is now giving a spark at 10° after TDC. Engine is running like shit and souns like a farmers diesel tractor engine
Further: the enabled fixed /locked timing works the wrong way round: when enabled it takes map readings when disabled it is fix at 8°

What I did:
installed the Erase Flash program to clean up everything using SpeedyLoader
flashed the 2024-02 FW using SpeedyLoader
created a complete new Tune file based on the ini that SpeedyLoad downloaded for 2024-02. In that ini, I had touched every single tune value to make sure there is no left overs. So e.g. I turned on every single option for Idle control in order to access every single parameter there is despite the fact the engine has no idle control. Afterwards I turned the idel control off, of course
downloaded the tune to the ECU and I have walked through every page of the delta-description that TS shows you to make 100% sure the data is correct
then calibrated the sensors and walked the distributor setup scenario as described earlier
fired the engine up and to my surprise the ignition angle is now upside-down. Anything else looks fine except ignition :shock:

Any ideas please?
By PSIG
I review each and every setting as you did, but I turn off all functions not required to run the engine. I don't know your settings, but first thing that comes to mind is Idle Advance or Cold Start timing, which can be set 'backwards'. I do not use "helpful" features, until the tune is running well enough for it to help instead of fight me. IMO you're not there yet. It could be something else just as basic.
By LPG2CV
Post your tune for us to check.

re check the wiring to ensure the correct pins are connected to the correct sensors
By bugster_de
I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, created a new tune from scratch (I start to get efficient with this by now) and it works. Engine runs like charm (on the tune I created at my desk!) and started on the first beat. Just a pitty we're supposed to have snow tomorow; if not I could have been out on the road doing the tunes :D
LPG2CV wrote:Post your tune for us to check.
attached is the tune, that gives backwards ignition angles. 2024-02 based on a clean tune
LPG2CV wrote: re check the wiring to ensure the correct pins are connected to the correct sensors
see above: engine works like charm with 2023-10 FW without any re-wiring.

I'm not a 100% sure yet, but I suspect 2024-02 together with TunerStudio is causing issues. For instance in certain dialogs, an offline change isn't recognized. If you e.g. change anything in the engine constants dialogue offline, then connect to the ECU, TS doesn't tell you anything about changes between the current tune and the ECU. But the dialogue in TS shows the new values, while (I suspect) the ECU has the old values. Same also for spark settings (e.g. fixed/locked timing). If you just do that often enough, it means there might be significant difference between speeduino and TS tune.
Also I noticed a difference in between 2024-02 and 2023-10 when applying to an erased flash: the TS difference dialogue in 2023-10 shows 20 pages of differences while with 2024-02 it shows only 16 pages of differences
Attachments
(88.75 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
By jonbill
My engine is in bits at the mo, so I've no experience of 202402. I haven't heard any other reports of similar problems, but perhaps it is early days.
I'd go with 202310 for now and see what's what in a month or two.

I am looking for information on the MAP Sensor Bo[…]

The board is wired to plug directly into the cars […]

Hi :) Ideally, I think you would repalce the trig[…]

i found this post! https://speeduino.com/forum/vie[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?